Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Omnivore's 100

I read this, this morning on Spryte's Blog, and thought it sounded like fun. So I decided to play too. And, of course, being ME, I had to comment on a bunch of them.... It's just who I am.
Oh, and if you decide to play along... Here is a link to the FAQ

How the Omnivore's 100 Works:
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating. (I Had to Grey mine out)
4) Optional: Post a comment at Very Good Taste, linking to your results.

My Omnivore’s Hundred: (76/100)

1. Venison - I think Elk is better though
2. Nettle teaHelps calm asthma and lessen arthritis pain; also helps clear up eczema
3. Huevos rancheros
4. Steak tartare
5. Crocodile I am counting the alligator, it is still a crocodilian.
6. Black Pudding
7. Cheese Fondue
8. CarpNot on your life – These are my Goldfishes parents
9. Borscht
10. Baba ghanoushSo much better than Hummus
11. Calamari - I like the tentacles best
12. Pho
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi Yeah, but tone down the Tumeric, please
15. Hot Dog from a street cartI don’t like hotdogs, but there is just something about a street cart dog.
16. Epoisses – I didn’t think you could get this in the U.S. because of pasteurization laws
17. Black truffleTartufo nero (Italian Black)

18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes and vegetable wine - Rhubarb wine is GREAT Cilantro/lime buttered tiger shrimp
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries – Huckleberries as well as the Salmon berries and thimble berries that grew in the forest behind our house.
23. Foie gras - Someday
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepperAlways ask first before just popping things in your mouth!!!
27. Dulce de leche
28. Oysters
29. Baklava
30. Bagna cauda – Anything similar to fondue is good by me.
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi – I would try it
34. Sauerkraut
35. Root beer float
36. Cognac with a fat cigar
37. Clotted Cream TeaI am assuming this refers to “Cream Tea” or “Devonshire Tea”
38. Vodka Jelly/Jell-OUm, yeah, I was 21 at some point...
39. Gumbo
40. Oxtail
41. Curried goat
42. Whole insectsYes, but unintentionally or while sleeping
43. Phaal – The next time I am in New York, I will go to Brick Lane
44. Goat's milk
45. Malt whisky from a bottle worth $120 or more
46. Fugu – Sure, why not… I like to live on the edge
47. Chicken tikka masala
48. Eel
49. Krispy Kreme original glazed doughnut
50. Sea urchinAbsolutely delish!!
51. Prickly pearThis makes really good jelly!
52. Umeboshi
53. Abalone
54. Paneeralthough not from France, this is one of the types of cheese we made from the goat milk.
55. McDonald’s Big Mac Meal - Regrettably
56. Spaetzle
57. Dirty gin martini
58. Beer above 8% ABV
59. PoutineAlso known as Chips & Gravy.. Just don’t forget the cheese!!!
60. Carob chipsAnd may I say…. Blech!
61. S’mores
62. Sweetbreads – Maybe… but I am a bit dubious
63. kaolin Isn’t this the same as Bentonite?
64. Currywurst – I’m up for it… love sausage
65. Durian - Does it count if it was durian flavored ice cream?
66. Frogs’ legs
67. Beignets, churros, elephant ears or funnel cake
68. Haggis
69. Fried plantain
70. Chitterlings or andouillette
71. Gazpacho
72. Caviar and blini
73. Louche absinthe - Yes, but I STILL love to ignite the sugar cube
74. Gjetost or brunost – and all I can say is Yuck!
75. Roadkill
76. Baijiu
77. Hostess Fruit Pie
78. Snail
79. Lapsang Souchong – Sounds like it would be great for a “Cream Tea”
80. Bellini
81. Tom Yum
82. Eggs Benedict - Is there any better application of Hollandaise?
83. Pocky
84. 3 Michelin Star Tasting Menu – Any time, Any menu
85. Kobe beef
86. Hare
87. Goulash
88. Flowers Nasturtiums, Violets and “Coal Miners Lettuce” to be exact
89. Horse
90. Criollo chocolate
91. Spam
92. Soft shell crab
93. Rose harissa – Harissa, yes… Rose Harissa, No – It’s expensive
94. Catfish - Blackened Channel Cat is best...
95. Mole poblano
96. Bagel and lox - mmm with Red onion and Capers
97. Lobster Thermidor – that’s a lot of work
98. Polenta
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffeeand I don’t see what the big deal is… save it for the Kahlua and hand me the Kopi Luwak
100. Snake

I had no idea I had eaten so much stuff until it’s on a list… WOW!

No comments: