Saturday, August 30, 2008

K.I.S.S. Dinner - Radish Sandwich; Apple and Cheese

This is one of my favorite sandwich, very delicious, light and simple. One of the things I miss about growing up on a farm is fresh radishes right out of the ground.


4 slices of a baguette or a long of Sourdough
Sweet (unsalted) butter; Softened
2-3 radishes, depending on size.
Grey salt (Sel Gris)

Spread softened butter over slices of sourdough.
Thinly slice the radishes and layer on 2 slices of bread.
Sprinkle radishes with a little grey salt.
Cover with another piece of buttered bread.

Press together gently and serve.

I love cheese. Too much sometimes. I was blessed with finding a Racelette while at the market. Thus, after my simple dinner of Radish Sandwiches, I decided to up the protein ante by indulging in cheese for dessert. Which consisted of something, yet again, simple, but divinely eloquent at the same time. A chunk of Racelette and Granny Smith apple slices...

Mangia!!
~~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd like to invite you to have a look on a funny home-made decoration - the radish mouse on cold spread.

http://hubschrauber.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/maus-auf-brot-hors-doeuvre/

Best regards from Germany
Rosemarie

Shane T. Wingerd said...

That was too cute... Thank you for sharing