Thursday, December 31, 2009

An A'moose'ing Tail - White Chocolate Mousse

I never saw a Chocolate Moose;
But I really hope to see one;
Cause I can tell you right now;
I would rather eat, than be one!

White Chocolate Mousse

1 Envelope (7 g) Powdered Gelatin
12 oz (355 g) White Chocolate, roughly broken or chopped (Make sure it does not contain any hydrogenated or palm oils)
2 1/2 (590 ml) cups Heavy Cream

Dissolve gelatin in 4 TB cold water, and set aside to bloom, for 5 minutes.

Place chocolate in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until very finely chopped.

Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside.

Place 3/4 cup (180 ml) of the Heavy Cream in a small saucepan, and bring just to a boil over medium-high heat.

Add the bloomed gelatin, and stir for 30 seconds so it can dissolve completely.

Turn on the food processor and pour the mixture over the finely chopped white chocolate, processing until the mixture is smooth.

Transfer to a medium bowl and place over ice water bath to chill quickly.

When the mixture is thick enough to fall from a spoon in ribbons remove from the water bath.

Whip remaining 1 3/4 cups (410 ml) Heavy Cream to soft peaks.

Fold into the White Chocolate mixture.

Refrigerate with plastic wrap on the surface to prevent crusting.

Mangia!!
~~

4 comments:

Cookiebaker said...

I love white chocolate...I love mousse...I think I'll be trying this recipe soon.

Katy ~ said...

This look amazing! Oh my. I think I shall have to try this very soon. I think you will start a white chocolate wave with this one!

Dajana said...

Holly moose, pass me that bowl!
Delicious.

Unknown said...

i know i'd look like a rabid dog...but i kinda wanna stick my face in the bowl!